What the heck is copywriting?
Copy is the essence of your brand. It’s the words you use to explain what you do and how you do it.
It’s everything from snappy taglines and product descriptions, to web pages, video scripts, and long-form reports.
As a copywriter, I distill the information about your product or service into useful paragraphs and pages.
Through words, I encourage your ideal customers to take action.
My copywriting process
I work closely with my clients to develop and enhance their messages and tie everything together.
My standard process for copywriting projects is:
- First, we’ll have a quick chat on the phone and I’ll ask you a few questions about your project. Or, I’ll send you a short briefing document to complete.
- Then, I’ll prepare a proposal based on your answers, which explains my fees, terms and conditions.
- When you accept my proposal, you will pay 50% of the project fee as a deposit so I can get started straight away.
- I’ll do the research or interviews for your project and prepare an outline for you to review.
- Once you’re happy with the outline, I’ll set to work on the full first draft and email it to you as a Microsoft Word document.
- From there, you have 14 days to review the document and give me your feedback so I can make any necessary revisions.
Once you’re happy and have paid your final invoice (the remaining 50% of the fee), the sparkling new copy is all yours!
Sophia interpreted our brief perfectly and her work, even on the first draft, was exceptional. She was able to turn around our copywriting job quickly and we would not hesitate to recommend her.